Monday, May 27, 2013

Sevilla a la noche

Here we are now with the fallen sky and the rain; we're awakening. Maybe it's cold ambition, but we're talking about a dream we're awakening.
-switchfoot

Today was our first day of school! And our first day in Sevilla. Our lovely mother walked us to la plaza nueva very early (7:30 am-Spain is not awake at this time at all.) but it was a beautiful morning as the loud streets were quiet and peaceful and Pudi told us the directions to the school and back home..that I ended up forgetting later and got a bit lost. I was too focused on understanding what she was saying that I didn't try to focus on remembering the directions..
Anyway, I will be taking Spanish literature as my Spanish class. I enjoy reading in Spanish so I am excited! My schedule is:
M-f--Spanish 1-3
T/thurs-- world religions class (independent study with missionary)

So I have a bit of free time on my hands..today I spent my free time talking with Pudi about life. Sadly, her grandpa passed away today at age 87. But that brought up some interesting conversations about la vida eterna, la fe y Esperanza de Dios. She is catholic but does not go to church often. I was thankful for that opportunity to open up about all that a bit on my second day here with Pudi. She is so sweet and gracious with us and our Spanish and weird schedules.
Tonight we met the Spanish missionary, Mel, at dinner. He's a sweet little tender spirited man..it will be interesting to meet with him 1 on 1 but I'm excited to dive deeper into world religions.
We walked back from dinner at 10:30 tonight ad most of the fancy old buildings light up like these pictures. Worth the mildly questionable walk at nighttime. We cross a river on our way to/from school which is the top photo.
Thursday is the big bullfight that we are going to..think what you will about such events but the plaza looks huge and beautiful in pictures and I want to experience the Spanish culture in all aspects..that is a big part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment