Thursday, May 23, 2013

We're not in Kansas anymore

Madrid day one!
So unreal to actually be here. Especially since I've studied these places in high school as crazy beautiful places I thought I'd never see myself. I was able to relax in  el real jardin botanico as well as parque retiro (retire park in Spanish..needed it) and the lush green plants, blooming flowers and smells was a great welcoming to Spain. 
I made some friends..a few. Forgot what it feels like to be in a sea of people, in a new place, knowing no one. Not the most comfortable environment but I'm working through it. My roomie, Amanda of Pennsylvania, is pretty cool.
On top of the lovely sights of today, apparently Sevilla is even more beautiful..can't wait!
Pix of the day--

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You're so artsy. You'll have to teach me how to run one of these fancy things when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I don't think you've ever spent much time in Kansas, so that confused me.

    ReplyDelete