Sunday, June 9, 2013

10 things I hate about you

In attempts to make it more interesting to tell about my observations of the Spanish culture and everyday life, I am doing it in the form of things I will not miss about Spain. However, I do love Spain and consider myself to be a rather positive, optimistic person--therefore, humor me and get to know Spain through these 10 things that I will not particularly miss when I return to the U.S.

1.  Creepy homeless cats everywhere--especially at night
2. The lack and complete absence, in some cases, of street signs
3. The temptations of helado (ice cream) on almost every corner downtown
4. The scary driving when I am on the other side as a pedestrian or biker
5. The extremely narrow streets that are in fact meant to be 2 way streets..as well as sidewalks in there, somewhere.
6. The long gap between breakfast and lunch. (7 hours..)
7. The 9-hour time difference to contact friends and family back home
8. Guys saying "guapa" or "bueno" as my friends and I walk by (normal thing, not just because we are American)
9. I like walking, but 30 minutes one way to school is something I will not miss
10. The PDA like no other -- when there are many couples making out inside of a McDonalds...you know you are in a different country where the concept of McDonalds MUST be different..


See, the negatives aren't even that bad. Therefore, Spain is wonderful. Many of those pet peeves concerning cars, bikes, etc. are frustrations derived from adventures on the bikes the past few days. There were definately some scary moments where there was no room for us on the sidewalks with our bikes when a car was coming by. But we made it! Bueno.
Old ball photos--
1. First day exploring the city of Sevilla..trying to take jumping pictures and failing.
2. Hole in the wall (actually it was an old cave home...) flamenco show in Granada with live music (musica en vivo)
 3. Lastly, one of the many a times we have shared delicious helado together. This is in front of part of the Mezquita.
 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it such a great city! I'm SOOO glad you're having this experience! Soak it up! :)

    ReplyDelete