Wednesday, June 5, 2013

fotos de amigos

In case you don't like to read blogs without pictures, this makes up for the last post. Nice pictures that I stole from my friends on facebook of the past weekend in Cordoba and Granada! Bueno.

Here are the beautiful arches of the Mezquita temple that is a catholic church today. So many!

Part of the inside of the Mezquita...this was my favorite part. The dark wood (mahogany, I think the tour guide said..) carvings are beautiful. I would never have the patience to do art like this. (okay, I wouldn't have the skill either..)
Picturesque and unreal view from a lookout point in Granada. This is the Alhambra castle.
Inside of part of Alhambra. Some of the Muslim temples with gardens and fountains in between.
My friend, Diana, and I in front of the detailed marble-carved walls I was talking about.

There is a bit of this past weekend in Cordoba and Granada! I have friends with better cameras than my little ipod anyways so this works. In other news, my roomie and I are in the process of watching "Sonrisas y Lagrimas" with our mother, Pudi. That is the Sound of Music in Spanish! Weird that the translation of that in english is "Laughter and Tears.." not so similar but it is so fun to hear the songs in spanish. One funny note that I thought was cute--" Far a long, long way to run!" in the spanish edition, is "fa-lejos en ingles!" which means, "Fa--long distance in english" ahaha. Anyway. Big four day weekend ahead--exploring adventures and getting lost in Sevilla is definitely happening.

1 comment: