Wednesday, June 26, 2013

bronchitis and the beach




This past week has been full of adventure and new friends. However, for an entire week now I have had a fever of 102-103 on and off, everyday. But I went to the doctor yesterday and the results just came back. Guess I have bronchitis. But the cough syrup is sweet like childhood and the antibiotics are working with only 2 days left so I am thankful and moving forward! Somehow I had the energy to do everything I wanted to last week which is such a blessing.


Last week, we went to an English Club at a park where we paired up with adults wanting to learn English. My friend, Diana, and I paired up with a woman, Maria, and her sister who did not know any English but were only waiting for a friend at the club. So we talked with them, got to know them..they are Christians, originally from Brazil. Maria invited both me and Diana over to her house almost immediately after we met. Turns out she's got a daughter who is 22 years old and loves to travel, and wants to learn English. Long story short, her daughter, Cecilia, is a fun, adventurous little lady and has traveling dreams that may or may not line up with my plans one day..haha. She has roots in Brazil so I might meet her there sometime...also, she is trying to move to the U.S. for a year starting next February or March...I may have mentioned that my house has an empty room or two but have to talk to my parents first.. ;) We hung out all day Friday when I first met her and then all day on Sunday. I went to her church and gave a short testimony and sang a song for worship with Cecilia. So thankful to be part of a church service in Spain! We went to the beach after church for a nice, relaxing time. Here is a picture of us with her mom's friend who is spunky like no other and made the trip extra spicy and fun with her bromas (jokes) and imitations of people who we asked for directions. (bad quality picture.)
                                         


 This past Tuesday, we went to see "Gran Gatsby" in Spanish. The theater was inside a shopping center, similar to many theaters in America. It was so cool to see it in Spanish. Wanted to hear DiCaprio and McGuire's real voices but Spanish made it more elegant, classy, and formal, to me at least. I also had background information from High School English class which helped.
 
We were able to spend an afternoon at a beach with the group from our school. Here is a few of us in front of the ocean blue. We toured a winery before and did the whole wine tasting thing...so gross--well, the wine was "Sherry" wine which I guess is normally used for cooking in the U.S. since it is 19% alcohol (and tastes disgusting). But it was cool to see what the big sources of income are for Spain, second to tourism.

No comments:

Post a Comment